struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Upload To URL of another Server
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:46:51 GMT
Hello,

I have the need to upload a multipart file to another server so therefore another url. The
other server is not of the struts platform.

The form in which I am uploading from has three (form fields) plus the upload file part. I
do need to validate that the form fields have proper data and that the file is there before
the user can submit and leave this page. When they submit, I need the submission to go to
another server where a servlet will write the file, and then redirect back to somewhere for
the user.

I am currently using html:action from my form, but wasn't sure how to handle this, since I
am doing this in the JSP page:

but really it needs to do something like

In my original UploadSubmit form there is a bean:

       <action
          path="/DisplayCatalogUploadForm"
          type="com.xxx.xxx.UploadNewCatalogAction"
          validate="false"
          scope="request"
          name="CatalogUploadBean">
          <forward name="Success" path="/jsp/my.jsp" />
       </action>

If anyone has done something like this, or has a idea of how to attempt it, please let me
know.

Thanks,
Scott