struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SHALE] prerender() never called..?
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:16:09 GMT
On 8/28/05, Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:
> I have a managed bean that implements ViewController and I also have changed the
> view-handler to ShaleViewHandler, but none of the methods in the ViewController is called...
> What am I missing?

The most common cause for this is having a managed bean name (for your
ViewController) that does not match the name mapping rules that Shale
requires.  There is a pluggable interface for this, but the default
rules take a context relative view id, and convert it to a
corresponding managed bean name like this:
* Strip the leading "/" character
* Strip the trailing ".jsp" (or whatever) extension
* Convert any remaining "/" characters to "$" characters.

Thus, if you have a view named "/mainmenu.jsp", the corresponding view
controller managed bean *must* be named "mainmenu".  Likewise, a vew
named "/customer/details.jsp" would be mapped to managed bean name
"customer$details".

Craig