struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: My first JAAS implementation. A few questions.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:43:21 GMT
Oh I see so if I added other properties to my Principal like their proper
name I would loose that. Understood but not a problem as I have a session
class for that kind of detail.

Thanks for your info though.... much appreciated.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Adam Hardy <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject: Re: My first JAAS implementation. A few questions.
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:57:12 +0100

Hi Mark,

this wasn't really Struts but here goes anyway since I happen to know.

If you are using container-managed security in tomcat, then you should be
aware that tomcat has not implemented a pathway between JAAS and the session
which provides any more than the transfer of the username and the roles.

Whatever else you put in your principal is discarded.

I am not sure why you are losing your roles as well. I have completely
different code for a JBoss implementation.