struts-user mailing list archives

From Ajaya Agrawalla <AAgrawa...@strllc.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM - Bayesian] - Re: Configurable Forms Fields Authorizati on - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:47:20 GMT
What I was looking was...

Is there any framework which would read a form definition file either based
on a form bean or not and allow or disallow access to those fields.

I have looked around and the struts-layout has some built in feature for
access to fields.  but layout tag seems too much for my application.  Any
other idea??

ajay

-----Original Message-----
From: Gareth Evans [mailto:gareth.evans@msoft.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 12:34 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: [SPAM - Bayesian] - Re: Configurable Forms Fields Authorization
- Bayesian Filter detected spam

Hi,

I use a similar method to generate a form,
Use a xml file to define the form e.g.

<form>
  <group name="section1">
   <field property="value1" type="text" />
   <field property="value2" type="date" />

I then use a custom tag to parse the xml tag and set the form config within
the page context for me
to iterate through and display.

I've added options to display a date selector, or a select box based on
either values defined in the
  xml or on a collection within the request context.

I use the grouping function to wrap fieldsets around parts of the form just
to split it up.

Another nice feature is to pull the label for a field directly from the
message resources e.g
"field.name.value1" or "group.name.section1".

This approach works well for me!

Regards,

Gareth

--
Gareth Evans

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.