struts-user mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Re: [SHALE] prerender() never called..?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:29:28 GMT
>>>But now I have changed the name of my managed bean to
>>>correspond to this naming scheme, but still no methods is called...?
>>>Am I missing more...?
>>

>>Without more details about what you're doing, it's impossible to tell
>>what is going wrong -- but one thing you should *not* be worrying
>>about is explicitly declaring the Shale ViewController.  That happens
>>automatically when shale-core.jar is included in your webapp.

I have now downloaded the latest release and read some more documentation, and I found out
I was missing some declarations in my web.xml file... I needed to include these..:

<filter>
    <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>shale</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

and

<listener>
    <listener-class>org.apache.commons.chain.web.ChainListener</listener-class>
</listener>

and now it's working... :)

BTJ