struts-user mailing list archives

From Morris Jones <m...@whiteoaks.com>
Subject html:form not generating name="" attribute
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:47:28 GMT
This is an odd problem I haven't run into before ...

The <form> tags in my HTML are coming out without a name="formName"
attribute.

I haven't yet looked at the source code for the <html:form> tag to see
what might cause the name attribute to be excluded, but I've triple
checked my struts-config to be sure there's a name="..." attribute in
the action element, and that the path and the tags all match.

I hadn't needed to reference a form until I'd written several forms in
this current app.  All my other forms are working fine, but none of my
forms have the name="" attribute in the <form> element of the HTML.

This is my first application mapped by path instead of extension, if
that makes a difference.  I found it odd that extension mapping had to
use the form <html:form action="/action.do"> but in the path mapping, I
don't use <html:form action="/do/action">.  Something seems disconnected
here.

Thoughts very much appreciated!

Mojo
--