struts-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Zuckerman <stephane.zucker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accessing variables using logic:iterate
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:07:28 GMT
Dave wrote :
> As a followup, you may want to consider switching to JSTL for
> straight-forward tasks such as this: where functionality is duplicated
> between the Struts tags and JSTL it's generally recommended to go the
> JSTL route. It's a trivial switch to make, and can be done mechanically
> in most cases.
I totally agree with this statement. In addition of being a way to get
more "genericity" in the JSP, it is (IMO) quite more coherent. What I
really dislike with struts tags is that attributes don't always mean the
same thing from tag to tag, which is disturbing. I'm mainly thinking of
the "name" and "property", and ".*Name" attributes too.

--
St├ęphane ZUCKERMAN