struts-user mailing list archives

From Tom Dimock <t...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: [OT] Business Layer Ideas
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:37:14 GMT

On Jun 2, 2005, at 1:46 AM, Laurie Harper wrote:

> I'm guessing (from other posts in this thread) you're a little
> older than I am. That would make your high school pretty
> impressively forard-looking...!

I attended the first computer class given at my high school in 1965.
It was kind of a funny situation - one other student and I taught the
teacher, who then taught the rest of the class.  The two of us had
been messing about with computers for two years at that point, and
knew a LOT more than the teacher.  The course was taught from an
obscure little book which illustrated all of its concepts in an
assembler code for a non-existent machine.  To facilitate the class,
I wrote an emulator (in FORTRAN) for the assembler language which was
used for several years after I graduated.  It was a fun time to be
into computers - when most people still didn't know what a computer was.