struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mgalbre...@elections.state.md.us>
Subject RE: [OT] Java vs .NET
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:00:58 GMT
Scary?  Ponder this:  in the Wash DC area, there is an overabundance of Java gigs and a scarcity
of Java developers.  Why?  Because all the Java developers have wised up and realized that
(1) C# is what Java should have been to begin with, and (2) C# and .NET are O-P-E-N  S-T-A-N-D-A-R-D-S
(can you spell it?  say it, learn it, live it!)  Java is NOT.  What I find interesting is
the vast majority of Java developers are more technologically bigoted than any M$ evangelist
I've met.  Curiously, at least the M$ camp's positions are based in reality.

~mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Griebel [mailto:edgriebel@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:49 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: AW: [OT]Linux server market share...

This is scary indeed. For Western NY, there's 2x .net jobs compared to
plain Java, and 8x more .net than j2ee.

However, consider that MS has marketed hard that any kind of
development with Microsoft can now be tagged ".Net", which inflates
the figures. At least that's my story :-)

-ed

On 6/29/05, Yan Hu <yachilling@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Even then, most of us will agree that 20.54% for IIS is about 20% to much
> 2 years make it even worse.......... Search on monster for .NET and J2EE..... Compare
the number of
> jobs and do the same thing at www.indeed.com,which aggregate everything from All big
jobsites in
> the US.  Job numbers for NET and J2EE on indeed.com is almost scary...

This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you received this email in
error please notify the DBM Service Desk by forwarding this message to servdesk@dbm.state.md.us.

This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the presence of computer
viruses.