struts-user mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Matijaca <amatij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running tomcat on port 80
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:23:56 GMT
The easiest way to find out what is realy going on is --

telnet localhost 80

If you don't get an error, it means some other process on your machine
is running on TCP 80.  Do you have some kind of a 'personal web
server' enabled by default?  If some process does answer on TCP 80 try
typing in (in your valid telnet session from above)

GET index.html HTTP/1.1

It will probably fail, but from the response back, you will have some
idea of which process has TCP 80...

Cheers, Alex.