struts-user mailing list archives

From Michael Taylor <mtay...@txesystems.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.7 only highlights the first error
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:16:24 GMT
Check your struts-config.xml file.  ValidatorPlugin has a property,
"stopOnFirstError".  Make sure that is set correctly.

<struts-config>

... snip...

    <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
        <set-property property="pathnames"
                         value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,
                                /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
        <set-property property="stopOnFirstError"
                         value="false"/>
    </plug-in>
</struts-config>

Denham, Martin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I can't get struts 1.2.7 to highlight all the error fields on my form - only the first
error field is highlighted.  Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

>Here is a simplified extract of my code:
>
>ActionForm validation:
>
>	ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors();
>	errors.add("firstName", new ActionMessage("errors.firstName.invalid"));
>	errors.add("lastName", new ActionMessage("errors.lastName.invalid"));
>
>Jsp:
>
>Only the 'firstName' text field is highlighted, not the 'lastName' text field.  If I reverse
the order of the fields then only 'lastName' is highlighted.

>Thanks
>
>Martin

>EDF Energy plc internet e-mail disclaimer
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail from your system. This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet
is inherently insecure and EDF Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of
this message or its attachments. No employee or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company
is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related
company by e-mail. All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy plc are monitored to ensure
compliance with the company's information security policy.