struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: How do I use JAAS(JbossSX) in Struts?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:14:36 GMT
It does protect it! As your error message showed.

The struts protection centres around the container's security. Struts
calls request.getRoles() (or similar) to find out if you are in that role.

Since you do not have that URL in your web.xml constraints, the
container doesn't force you to log in. Therefore the container cannot
provide struts with any role info, since you are not authenticated.

Secondly, and I think this is your problem, the container may not give
any authentication information to any requests which are outside its
security constraints even if you have previously authenticated. However
I am not sure about that. I know the servlet spec treats SSL constraints
in this way. Try it and see.

Adam