struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Struts form population problem in PRODUCTION
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:51:38 GMT
What I mean by security is, what sort of user authentication? For your
login, that is. I assume that it's hand-rolled and you're accessing some
sort of data store to verify the password given by the user.

I'll also assume that you've got the struts-config mapping correct, so
that the correct formbean is being created for the URL you are
submitting to, and that the formbean has property getters and setters
matching the field names.

Could you have 2 instances of your formbean and be using the wrong one?

Could you be submitting twice (due to a freaky HTML mistake) or
submitting to the wrong URL?

Try debugging the params in the request itself - here's my JSP debug method
<%
out.println("App");
java.util.Enumeration e =
pageContext.getAttributeNamesInScope(PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
Object value;
while (e != null && e.hasMoreElements())
{
     String key = (String)e.nextElement();
     value = null;
     if (key != null)
         value = pageContext.getAttribute(key,
PageContext.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
     out.println(key + ": " + value);
}
out.println("Session");
e = pageContext.getAttributeNamesInScope(PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
while (e != null && e.hasMoreElements())
{
     String key = (String)e.nextElement();
     value = null;
     if (key != null)
         value = pageContext.getAttribute(key, PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);
     out.println(key + ": " + value);
}
out.println("Request");
e = pageContext.getAttributeNamesInScope(PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);
while (e != null && e.hasMoreElements())
{
     String key = (String)e.nextElement();
     value = null;
     if (key != null)
         value = pageContext.getAttribute(key, PageContext.REQUEST_SCOPE);
     out.println(key + ": " + value);
}
%>