struts-user mailing list archives

From Néstor Boscán <nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve>
Subject RE: How to set "autocomplete" attribute in <html:form>
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:15:28 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

If the client has the autocomplete turned on you can control with Internet
Explorer which forms or input fields can apply the autocomplete feature with
the autocomplete attribute (Check
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/forms/aut
ocomplete_ovr.asp). My question is how can I set this attribute in a

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Ed Griebel [mailto:edgriebel@gmail.com]
Enviado el: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:48 PM
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: How to set "autocomplete" attribute in <html:form>

Hello!

This question was asked about a month or two ago on this list. To summarize,
it's dependant on a setting in the client browser and depends on a user's
entries into a field with the same name on prior form submissions. It is not
controllable on a HTML form nor field tag.
Google does something like autocomplete by using XmlHttpRequest, a.k.a.
AJAX, and Frank Zametti has written a library which integrates AJAX and
Struts.

-ed