struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:16:00 GMT
It's hard to say for certain, but this could be a classloader problem. It might help if you
set the "prefer-web-inf-classes" element in your weblogic.xml file (to true, of course). If
that isn't there, it will use the struts.jar that is used inside WebLogic, instead of the
struts.jar in your WEB-INF/lib.

________________________________

From: Sher, Allen - BLS CTR [mailto:Sher.Allen@bls.gov]
Sent: Tue 06/28/2005 11:33 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

I got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm" while initiating my ActionServlet. I
think it happened when parsing struts-config.xml, trying to load a subclass
of ActionForm. The problem goes away if I comment out all my FormBeans in
struts-config.xml.  Any clue as to what I did wrong?

It's Struts 1.2.7 in WebLogic 8.1.3, if that matters.