struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overwriting HtmlTag
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 17:19:54 GMT
I hate to be blunt, Nancy, but the answer is just to do as you say:
change the html tag code  That is the virtue of code that is
decoupled.  You can change the code in one place with the effects
rippling throughout your code.  If you want the code to remain
consistent with Struts and to be more portable, then you could extend
the html tag and change the references at the top of the files merely.

On 5/4/05, Nancy Lin <cometcosmo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have bunch of jsp with html tag and I want to automatically
> generate onchange function whent user changes/modified the data.
> Since the function that will be called on onChange will be the same
> throught out, I do not want every developer to go to each JSP(there
> are hundreds of file) and implement the onchange method on each
> field.  I want to be able to overwrite the html tag to automatically
> generate the onchange function.
>
> Any good idea?
>
> Nancy.

~Dakota Jack~