struts-user mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] What do you use action forms for?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 09:07:41 GMT
well for a search form, it's not like you really need the values of the form remembered, since
the resultant view is always going to be a search results page. your search action could quite
happily just worry about request.getParameter("searchInputType"). we use ActionForm only where
it represents some kind of domain/business object that requires validation. unless you want
to validate your search form, i don't see the point.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055