struts-user mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Validator not plugging in keyed values
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 15:51:20 GMT
Some more information; my message resources were declared as follows

<message-resources key="MYRESOURCES" null="false" parameter="com.qas.newmedia.internet.core.ApplicationResources"
/>

Note the use of a key on the bundle. In my JSP output of the errors I used

		<logic:messagesPresent>
			<ul>
					<li><bean:write name="error" /></li>
			</ul>
		</logic:messagesPresent>

Interestingly, then, when I remove the key from message-resources AND remove the bundle instruction
from the html:messages tag, the whole thing works.

I have to say, the whole struts validator stuff is a little unclear from the documentation.
The distinction between ActionMessages and ActionErrors and when to use html:errors and html:messages
is not clear.

Furthermore, the use of bundle on html:messages DOES work when you wish to use bean:message
or indeed, just iterating over ActionMessages that were not linked to validator.

Some clarification on the matter would be appreciated,

Allistair