struts-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Chacón Souto <jorgecha...@mundo-r.com>
Subject Re: Session-Problem
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 06:56:46 GMT

Hello,

I have the same problem some days ago. I found two solutions: using
https(SSL) in the web server (if SSL really fits to your application
security requirements), since SSL web pages are not cached, or telling
the browser to don't cache the JSP page, so when the user clicks the
back button the browser will have to send a request.

            response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); //Forces
caches to obtain a new copy of the page from the origin server
            response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-store"); //Directs
caches not to store the page under any circumstance
            response.setDateHeader("Expires", 0); //Causes the proxy
cache to see the page as "stale"
            response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); //HTTP 1.0 backward
compatibility

More details on:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2004/jw-0927-logout.html

Jorge.