struts-user mailing list archives

From Aladin Alaily <str...@aladin.ca>
Subject Re: Best practice for redirecting on session timeout?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 12:31:41 GMT
Hi Adam,

One possibility is to have the timing out of the session be managed by
your container and have the redirection issued by a filter.

If you are using Tomcat 4+ this is very straightforward to implement.
In the web.xml, you declare your session-timeout value and your filter
class.  After having declared your filter, you need to map it to a uri
for which it will be applied.

Aladin