struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: ANOTHER IDE
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 17:28:58 GMT
Adam Hardy wrote the following on 5/7/2005 3:04 PM:

> Sometimes it will never stop and I am doomed to have these time-wasting
> issues with Eclipse plug-ins not working together, or just not
> installing, or Java 5 bugs or whatever. Progress I guess.
>
> I'd like to know whether these kinds of issues affect IDEA users. When
> was the last time you spent a whole morning trying to get tomcat to run
> inside Eclipse, or an hour a day for a week fighting to get Maven menus
> to appear?

That's why I like IDEA. Things just seem to work and I too had problems
with things working in Eclipse and it seemed buggy. That's what prompted
me to look at alternatives in the first place.

(Haven't tried the Maven plugin stuff for IDEA though so I can't claim
to know anything about how that behaves.)

--
Rick