struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Session Scope-Form Bean Reset Method Executing Every Request
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 13:50:38 GMT
On 08/05/05 13:09&nbsp;Mehmet E. wrote:
> Form Bean scope is session. In every request form bean
> RESET method is executing. I am useing struts with
> tiles. There is no code for removing form bean from
> session. As i know, it must execute one times per
> session after creation of form bean.

Mehmet, I never used the formbean in session scope but I'm guessing that
reset is triggered once per request.

Logically the alternative request-scope form-bean needs no reset()
method, therefore the reset method must specifically exist to be
executed on session-scope formbeans on every request.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - if you wanted you could check quickly
in the struts source code.

Adam

--
struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2