struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: ANOTHER IDE
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 20:45:05 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote the following on 5/4/2005 4:00 PM:
> they always seem to get in the way for me more than
> they help in the long run.

This is how I always felt as well until I used IDEA. It's the one IDE
that I've used where I didn't feel like I was using an IDE. Eclipse was
ok as far as IDE features and price tag, but it just didn't 'feel' right
to me. Using IDEA just feels right it, plus of course it does everything
and more you'd expect from an IDE. By the way, who says Swing is slow? I
don't think they use SWT for IDEA and yet it sure is a responsive app.
Eclipse actually seemed much more sluggish to me on both windows and Linux.

--
Rick