struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject [OT] Re: ANOTHER IDE
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 19:48:20 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

> Macros are an absolute must for me, and it's art of the reason I still
> use nothing but UltraEdit... all the fancy code refactoring tools and
> such that all the IDEs have I wind up doing in macros, and I have more
> control over how they work, at least, it sure feels like I do.

Well, you certainly have more control, but I don't think I'd want to
write a macro that extracted code chunks into methods with
automagically-correct parameter signatures, return types, etc. or
pulling methods up or down, changing method signatures and propagating
it through my code, etc.

Having context-sensitive code completion/auto-complete is nice too,
especially for verbose languages like Java etc.

Dave