struts-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Lobo <Daniel.L...@isotrol.com>
Subject How to populate a map of lists in an action form?
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 10:19:07 GMT
Hi,

I have an action form with a map that can be accessed with getters and
setters. That map holds lists of elements. The problem is how to
populate that lists from the html form . I've tried with:

<input name="elementsMap(0).[0]" value="foo">

and

<input name="elementsMap(0)[0]" value="foo">

but doesn't work.

However, i've implemented a new class child of ArrayList that adds this
two methods:

    public List getList()
    {
        return this;
    }

    public void setList(List list)
    {
        clear();
        addAll(list);
    }

And using this class in the map I can do from javascript:

<input name="elementsMap(0).list[0]" value="foo">

And the population of the ActionForm works properly. ┬┐Does somebody know
how to fix this problem without the use of this two "ugly" methods?

Thanks.