struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: ajax proj
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 20:18:46 GMT
Dakota Jack wrote the following on 5/2/2005 4:01 PM:

> The other aspect that is not discussed above is the removal of the
> complexity from the "page".  This is where JSP, Taglibs, etc., come
> into the picture.  And, I suspect, you two are talking about a
> combination of this problem (keeping the page simple) and the previous
> problem (using a reasonable architecture).

yes. For example, take a table sort example. I like being able to use
JSTL (or even a display tag if that suits you) to display the collection
info into the display of the table.

Doing something like this within a servlet (Action) wouldn't really be
wrong, but just more difficult to maintain and more of pain to code
(using StringBuffer and append bla bla).

--
Rick