struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: ajax proj
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 19:20:19 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote the following on 5/2/2005 2:53 PM:

> I think most people would tell you to forward to a JSP to generate what
> really amounts to just a snippet of HTML...

I'm confused though, you can do that? In other words you can make an
XMLHttpRequest from one JSP that goes to an Action and in the Action you
can forward to another JSP to write the response and the original JSP
that called the XMLHttpRequest somehow pulls this into the innerHTML?

Do you have an example of this?

I'm looking at your table sort and I don't want all the complex display
and write out of the table to take place in a Java class. I'd like to do
this in the JSP but not sure how that fits into the Ajax cycle.

--
Rick