struts-user mailing list archives

From "Folashade Adeyosoye" <sharda...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts with PHP
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 16:35:58 GMT
Am assuming here that there is some sort of Servlets container or
application server that runs Java/Struts and there is another PHP server all
running on the same machine/box. Please explain how both containers would
manage ONE session when a user logs in and pass/manage information between
each other.... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:30 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts with PHP

I presume one can get at the parameters, attributes and headers of the
request object in a PHP script, no?  As long as you can do that, then you
should be able to replace JSP pages with PHP pages, sans the taglibs of
course, which, as some people seem to forget, are an OPTIONAL element of
Struts :) because you can get at anything Struts sends to a JSP.

Now, as for the *why* you'd want to use PHP instead of JSP, I think that's
a fair question :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect