struts-user mailing list archives

From "Folashade Adeyosoye" <sharda...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Struts with PHP
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 16:27:17 GMT
I don't see how you would be able to forward to a PHP page and have all the
fields work, one thing to consider is they do not share the same session.

Struts is a java framework, that has jar files etc, a PHP server would not
know what to do with them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:10 PM
To: Folashade Adeyosoye
Subject: Re: Struts with PHP

Actually, while I don't know much about PHP, I would say it *better* be
possible :)  Struts is, by and large, the "C" in MVC (some parts arguably
cross boundaries, but as a generality...), so if I can't swap in a
different "M" and "V", there's probably something wrong.

I think it's probably a given that you aren't going to be able to use the
Struts taglibs on a PHP page, so some of the automatic functions of Struts
won't be available, but at the end of the day I should be able to forward
to a PHP page and have it work, even if I have to do more manual labor to
get values into fields and such.

At least, I would be expecting that to be possible.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect