struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] AjaxTags 1.0 Alpha 1
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 13:58:57 GMT
A few weeks ago there was a rather lengthy thread (a couple of them
actually) regarding adding Ajax functionality to the Struts HTML taglib.
  Well, it's done! :)  (well, mostly it's done).

v1.0 alpha 1 is now available via CVS at struts.sf.net.  I am awaiting a
reply before I can create an actual page on the site for the project, so
for now CVS is the only option.  The module name is "ajaxtags", or if
you use the web browser you will have to select any of the other
projects, then click "struts" as the current directory, then you will
see ajaxtags.  For the moment, if you have questions or comments, send
them directly to me (fzlists@omnytex.com).

There is no complete distribution at the moment, so you'll have to grab
everything and build it yourself.  The included Ant build script should
work fine, all dependencies are included in the source directories.  I
just realized I didn't included any information in the readme about
building it, I'll have to do that, but it's pretty straight-forward.
The only "interesting" part is that during the build process, the
struts.jar in web-inf/src will be used as the source jar.  You will get
an updated version of it in web-inf/lib when you build (the original is
not altered), so to use this in your own projects just grab the
struts.jar in web-inf/lib and the struts-html.tld in web-inf, that
should be all you need.

At the moment, only Struts 1.2.4 is supported.  There is a sample webapp
included to demonstrate some of the functionality.  I will expand this
as time goes by.  Also, the list of handlers will grow, but I suspect
the two most common ones are there right now, so I felt OK with
announcing it at this point.

Hope someone finds it useful!

--
Frank W. Zammetti