struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: ActionForm key in request/session
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 14:50:10 GMT
Fair point, at least as far as params go :)  I never noticed the
getParameterMap() method to be honest.

The methods in RequestUtils (and the one in SessionUtils) came from the
fact that during debugging I (and I think most of us) have a need to
easily see what's coming in with a request.  So, I wind up doing the
following in Actions and/or JSPs with these methods:

log.debug(RequestUtils.getAllRequestInfo(request));

(getAllRequestInfo calls the other three methods to get parameters,
attributes and headers).  It's certainly not rocket science or anything, I
certainly never claimed these functions were the savior of the world or
anything :) but it's a nice and easy way to see what's going on (I do my
development in Tomcat, so I simply glance over to my second monitor in the
console window to see the output in real-time).

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect