struts-user mailing list archives

From Néstor Boscán <nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve>
Subject RE: Using html:text with java.util.Date property
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 22:38:42 GMT
Hi Rick

Thanks for the quick answer. Basically the exception is thrown when calling
the action associated with the DynaActionForm. I want to be able to let the
DynaActionForm populate my DTO objects. Some of these objects have dates.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Rick Reumann [mailto:struttin@reumann.net]
Enviado el: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:05 PM
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Using html:text with java.util.Date property

Néstor Boscán wrote the following on 5/20/2005 10:52 AM:

> I'm trying to use the html:text tag with date properties and I'm
> getting
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: type mismatch. Any ideas?

Where are you getting this error, when trying to put your form bean
properties into a value object? Are you using Bean/PropertyUtils? If so,
you'll need to register a converter in order to convert your string date to
a java.util.date (java.sql.date it has by default). I can point you in the
right direction if that's where you are having the trouble, but need a bit
more info as to where you are running into the problem.

--
Rick