struts-user mailing list archives

From Carl Smith <ccsmith20002...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: struts date validator
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 20:32:17 GMT

Here is my configuration in validation.xml, I need to validate date entered by user using
MM/dd/yyyy format. What is your suggestion? Thanks.

<form name="/mySubmitAction">

<field property="myDate" depends="date">

<msg name="date" key="myDate.format.mm.dd.yyyy"/>

</field>

</form>

Erik Weber <erikweber@mindspring.com> wrote:I think you want datePatternStrict instead
of datePattern.

Erik

Carl Smith wrote:

>We are using struts date validator, for some reason we found that the struts "date" validator
let 04/02/05 pass, but we are hoping that the validation fails since 04/02/05 is not of format
MM/dd/yyyy.