struts-user mailing list archives

From G√ľnther Wieser <gwie...@creative-it.com>
Subject RE: Struts with PHP
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 16:34:02 GMT
you can get parameters and headers (as they are part of http and included in
the http request), but no chance to get attributes, they only exist in the
virtual machine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:fzlists@omnytex.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 6:30 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts with PHP

I presume one can get at the parameters, attributes and headers of the
request object in a PHP script, no?  As long as you can do that, then you
should be able to replace JSP pages with PHP pages, sans the taglibs of
course, which, as some people seem to forget, are an OPTIONAL element of
Struts :) because you can get at anything Struts sends to a JSP.

Now, as for the *why* you'd want to use PHP instead of JSP, I think that's a
fair question :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect