struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: Struts 1.3 & custom controller
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 15:32:15 GMT
Hello all ,
	In the meantime I found an interesting article from Bill
Siggelkow

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/03/02/commonchains2.html

it explains something about RequestProcessor..

I'll try to build up something and see if I can get something basic
To work, then I guess I'll be back asking questions :-)

Regards
	Marco

PS I have also been 'porting' my old app (written using Struts 1.1) to
Struts 1.3/chain..it works just great :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Germuska [mailto:Joe@germuska.com]
Sent: 03 May 2005 16:23
To: Marco Mistroni; 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Struts 1.3 & custom controller

At 3:24 PM +0100 5/3/05, Marco Mistroni wrote:
>Hello Frank,
>	If  Str1.3 RP is implemented as set of commands, then shouldn't
>I be able to extend It to add my own commands (such as one that does
the
>trick
>In your request processor)..
>
>I think it should be possible.... at least I would like to support J2ME
>clients (via strutsws), HTML clients and WML clients for my
>application..
>
>So I could define a RP which contains set of commands for handling
>request depending on the user agent..
>
>I need just some docs for Struts 1.3 Request Processor.......
>
>Any good links (other than sourcecode)?

I suppose not.  This is something we need to do, and something which
will be easier to do based on feedback from newcomers who don't know
it so well.  (To be honest, it will be rather a while before I have
time to write docs for the ComposableRequestProcessor, although if
someone else wrote some stuff, I might have some time to review it.)

Really, as I think about your question, it's hard for me to know
where to start, since it seems so obvious to me ;-)  But then, I have
been using struts-chain to back a webapp for more than a year now.

But the questions you've been asking on the list have been helpful,
and if you feel like you can boil any of your learning down, maybe
you can find a spot in the Wiki to start gathering some notes?

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com