struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Action call another action?
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:54:33 GMT
On 25/04/05 17:03&nbsp;Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> On 4/25/05, Ted Husted <ted.husted@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>in my sample CRUD application i have editAction, which displays an
>>>item in HTML form. It takes item ID as parameter. This action is
>>>mapped, it can be called directly from a page using link, like
>>>editAction.do?ID=1234. Another way to call it is to call it from
>>>createAction, which creates new item, assigns in ID to it, and
>>>redirects to editItem with ID attached to the URL as query parameter.
>>>Is this chaining?

One disadvantage of this approach is that your app will create orphaned
items whenever a user abandons the create process after hitting the
create menu option. Your app will create a new item immediately, but the
user may wander off and go to lunch without actually using it.

Well, I might. ;)

Adam

--
struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2