struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <new...@pingsite.com>
Subject Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:29:59 GMT
Benedict, Paul C wrote:

>So is Craig's advice to abandon Struts tags even in a Struts app? Write out
>HTML elements yourself and get the values with expressions?

Dunno. Craig?

I still use the html tags because they know about the app resources, but
I sometimes struggle a bit when I need to extend them and find that I
can't because they weren't refactored like the request processor was
(like, say, role processing).

That's because they haven't received the developer attention, which is
why they're legacy, which is why I have to write custom tags to wrap
them in to implement functionality you can't add to them without
basically rewriting them. That's the nature of the beast.

OTOH, we have the power to make them exactly what we need--if we want to
bring them up to par with the rest of the framework we can!

Dave