struts-user mailing list archives

From "Benedict, Paul C" <paul_bened...@merck.com>
Subject RE: AJAX: Whoa, Nellie!
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:15:41 GMT
Frank, will Ajax support be tied into reporting form errors? It would be
interesting to break down the validator into individual validations, so
errors can be reported to the user as he types.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanouil Batsis [mailto:Emmanouil.Batsis@eurodyn.com]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 11:12 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List; Dakota Jack
Subject: Re: AJAX: Whoa, Nellie!

Let me first say that IMHO, introducing AJAX capabilities into the html
taglib is an awesome idea.

Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

>So, the question is, does anyone see this as something interesting?

Very. I was also thinking about working on AJAX taglibs using Sarissa
[1] (introductory article at [2]), but i was aiming for more than
XMLHttpRequest, for example to allow XSLT transformations to be applied
on the XML either the server or client, depending on what the browser
supports.

> Is anyone interested in seeing this actually finished up?  If so I can do
>that, probably by the weekend if things go well, and I suppose open a
>ticket for it at that point.

I would happily help (although i have little time) and even donate the
JS code under the ASL if wanted.

>Questions?  Comments?  Whatever?  Thanks all!

I haven't really studied the samples yet, but it would seem more
semantically correct to me if the html:form was used to make this work.
I'll try to come up with more concrete suggestions.

[1] http://sarissa.sf.net/
[2] http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/02/23/sarissa.html

Manos

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.