struts-user mailing list archives

From "Benedict, Paul C" <paul_bened...@merck.com>
Subject RE: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:23:09 GMT
So is Craig's advice to abandon Struts tags even in a Struts app? Write out
HTML elements yourself and get the values with expressions?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:newton@pingsite.com]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 11:20 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?

NetSQL wrote:

> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>
>> I would caution new projects, however, to *not* use the Struts HTML
>> tags.  That part of Struts has received fairly little developer
>> attention, and should be considered legacy at this point.
>
> I would disagree. JSTL replaced some tag, but HTML tag is IMO best
> practice and production tested stable.

Er...

In general I'd tend to listen to Craig on issues like this, considering
who he is and stuff.

Even if you choose not to, there's a reason the "S" is in "JSTL".

Let's face it--if one of the developers calls something "legacy" we
should pay attention.

Dave

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates
(which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
 If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.