struts-user mailing list archives

From G√ľnther Wieser <gwie...@creative-it.com>
Subject RE: html:form complains of bean missing
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:40:12 GMT

if you want the code for this, let me know, i can provide it.

kr,
guenther

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Purcell [mailto:spurcell@vertisinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:17 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: html:form complains of bean missing

First off, as I am learning Struts I just wanted to thank those, for bearing
with my learning curve and helping out so far.

Here is the issue:
I want to pass all my forms, even forms without params to the
com.skp.action.LoginAction action class, because this class handles the
"isLoggedIn" issue through a subclass of Action.

Anyway, I have a jsp page that has no params, so I have no bean to collect
user data, so I configured my action like so:
<action  path="/mainAdmin"
    type="com.skp.action.LoginAction" >
     <forward name="Success" path="/jsp/admin/main.jsp" redirect="true"/>
  </action>

Anyway, I just want to always use the LoginAction as a "Front Controller" to
my web app, and catch the status of "logged-in" etc.
This works well, but I have to use conventional <html> code and not the
html:form tag:

works:
<!-- <form name="foo" action="/uniquepear/action/mainAdmin" method="POST">
--> does not work:

When I use the above I get this error in the browser:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean
null at
l.java:495)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:175)

But I have no reason to have  a bean for this action.
How does one handle this problem?

Thanks
Scott