struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0 or Struts 0.0?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:42:48 GMT
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:11:59 -0800, Michael Oliver
<oliverm@sourceonenet.com> wrote:
> Ted and I started "Axis4Struts" a while ago, but...didn't get much
> activity and it died a slow death.  The goal was stated to be "allow
> SOAP access to existing and new Struts Applications so the SOAP actor is
> just another user of the View of the Struts MVC."
>
> So, given the Shale features, can Shale be interoperable with existing
> Struts 1.n applications?  That is to say can a Shale CoR include Struts
> Actions?  Can a Shale Action be a wrapper for an existing Struts Action,
> etc.

It would be technically feasible to make Shale's CoR chain know how to
invoke a classic Struts Action ... in essence, that's where Struts 1.3
in its use of CoR for the request processor pipeline (there's one
particular command that grabs the request/response/etc. out of the
context, and calls the execute method).  If one were to do this,
however, it would be wise to emulate the rest of the classic Struts
request processing semantics too.

> Michael Oliver
> CTO
> Alarius Systems LLC