struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uploading: And a Wish List for Struts v1.3 and v2.0 Jericho
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:23:36 GMT
If you check the discussions I have had with Niall on this on this
list, that might be helpful.  He understands clearly what I am talking
about and where the extension points in 1.3 need to be tweeked in
relation to this real problem.  This submission was to be a helpful
addition to that discussion, and instead has degenerated into this
irrelevant whatever stuff.

Jack

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:42:38 -0500, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:56:02 -0800, Dakota Jack wrote:
> > Hope this is helpful.  If not, please understand it was meant to be
> > helpful.
>
> Wish lists like this are mildly interesting, but what's helpful is when people give back
to the community by creating new extensions.

> A Struts Upload extension would probably be interesting to a lot of people. But someone
who uses one must be the one to create it. Just like when Steve created ssl-ext, and Hubert
created FormDef, and Frank created WS,  and Don created Scripting, and once upon a time, when
David created Validator and Cedric created Tiles.

> All of us are writing applications. The difference is that a few kind souls package their
stuff to share with others.

> -Ted.

~Dakota Jack~