struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I prefill a form
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:15:14 GMT
<snip>
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:04:44 -0800 (PST), Norris Shelton
<norrisshelton@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using a LazyValidatorForm for each area of my site.  They
> want information entered on a form in one part of the site to be
> the default value when a form in another part of the site is
> displayed.  I am accumulating the information that is entered in
> a session bean.  I then tried to copy that to the form for the
> current action before it is displayed.  The form comes in as
> null.  I then tried to create a new form it it's null, but it
> gets a NPE on the toString() method.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

</snip>

If you showed a bit of your code, that would tell us what you are
doing.  This is fairly simple, actually.  Where you get the
information for the second form is rather beside the point.  If you
have the information and a way to store it on the form and do so in
your action  then the information will be there.  So, you need to show
us what you are doing.  My guess is that the data stored is null.
But, without seeing your code, I cannot tell for sure.

Jack

"Heaven has changed.  The Sky now goes all the way to our feet.

~Dakota Jack~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this