struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>
Subject Re: <html:text ... value="<bean:message .../>"/>???
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:37:33 GMT
Andrew Stepanenko wrote:
> If I don't use action form and simply provide <input type="text"
> value="<bean:message key='admin.msg.rcpt'/>"> everything works fine and
> I can see the proper internalized string in the text field. But I need
> to use action forms.

Not using the <html:text/> tag does *not* mean that you cannot use
ActionForms.  The <html:text/> tag is a convenience for displaying form
values to the user.  Since it looks like you're pulling the value from a
properties file using <bean:message/> instead of from the ActionForm, I
don't see that you would lose anything by using the approach you mention
here.

-- Jeff