struts-user mailing list archives

From Graham Reeds <grah...@ntlworld.com>
Subject <base href="..."> problems
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:21:38 GMT
I thought when I saw the <html:base /> tag I could drop the JScript that
I used to set the domain to the root level (ie either it would set the
localhost or the actual domain but would have to be hard coded for each
app but just the once).

However it sets the base href to the actual location of the page that
set's it.  What is the point in that?  The most logical use of the <base
href="..." /> tag is to reference the very root level so you can have a
common repository of images and none of this "../../images/mylogo.gif"
that used to go on.  There doesn't appear to be an option to set it to
root.

Any idea why this was set so and if there is any other way of getting
around this limitation or do I have to still use my JScript to set this
for me?

Thanks, Graham Reeds.