struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic <...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0 or Struts 0.0? [or Struts 1.42?]
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:18:10 GMT
I know you asked Ted/Craig but Tapestry is a Apache project, like
Struts, a good framework that is View centric, home page says: "
Tapestry is an alternative to scripting environments such as JavaServer
Pages or Velocity"
Accroding to latest "market share" reportring (by Raible) Struts is like
70% of market share. (Having said that, I wish that people that use
Struts becuase it's popular go away, one should use own judgment; if
everyone used EJB, would you use that too? or would you jump of a
bridge? Waren Buffet has a book and a chapter on Lemmings)
Even if Struts loses 10% every year, that would make it say 5% or 3%,
or.... 1% say in many years.
Tapestry, JSF, WebWorks, Symphony, etc.  are all fine comunities that
have that kind of a market share, so it would not be bad at all. (and
then all the questions about is this the most pouplar one would go away).

WHICH ONE FITS YOU NEEDS BEST BASED ON YOUR ANAYLSIS?

(It's a bit like sayind what method call you you call in your code? I'ts
up to you).

Alex Kravets wrote:

> Ted, Graig,
> 've read some posts/blogs where people who've used Struts and now use
> Tapestry say that they will never go back to Struts again.

see above. If you have similar needs as them maybe you should do that.
In 2000, http://barracudamvc.org/Barracuda/index.html would say they are
better and Turbine did; there was allways competition.

> Is this what Struts Shale tries to change/disprove?

I hope not!!!

I feel like I am the old Lakers, #1, and everyone hates you. And yes, I
hate the Lakers. :-P

.V

--
Forums, Boards, Blogs and News in RiA <http://www.boardVU.com>