struts-user mailing list archives

From Curtis Taylor <curtis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Formatting a date with a different time zone.
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:57:39 GMT
Hi Derrick,

You have to declare your properties file in your web.xml. Assuming it's
called "ApplicationResources.properties," and lives under
WEB-INF/classes, you'd do it like this:

<context-param>
  <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
  <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
</context-param>

Just to be safe, brush up on the web.xml syntax & the JSTL requirements
(this is off the top of my head ;-)

HTH,

Curtis

Derrick Koes wrote:
> Yes, the fmt library looks like the winner.  It doesn't seem to pick up my key from my
resource file in the timeStyle attribute.  How do I do that?