struts-user mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject RE: Using value from resource bundle as the pattern to formatDate
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:32:07 GMT

Yes, indeed my fear was correct.  I needed the fully qualified name of the bundle.

-----Original Message-----
From: Derrick Koes [mailto:Derrick_Koes@skillsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Struts User Apache (E-mail)
Subject: Using value from resource bundle as the pattern to formatDate

I want to use a resource key value as the pattern for my formatDate.  The code below only
gets the key name in ptrn variable.  How do I get the value associated with the key?  My fear
is that this is correct, but the bundle tag isn't finding my application.properties file.

<fmt:bundle basename="application">
    <fmt:message key="ilt.time.format" var="ptrn">
        <fmt:formatDate value="${schedule.startDate}" pattern="${ptrn}" timeZone="${Session.timeZone}"/>
    </fmt:message>
</fmt:bundle>

Thanks,
Derrick