struts-user mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <Derrick_K...@skillsoft.com>
Subject RE: Formatting a date with a different time zone.
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:33:20 GMT

Yes, the fmt library looks like the winner.  It doesn't seem to pick up my key from my resource
file in the timeStyle attribute.  How do I do that?

 <fmt:timeZone value="Session.timeZoneID">
              <fmt:formatDate value="${startDate}" type="time" timeStyle="ilt.time.format"/>
          </fmt:timeZone>

Thanks,
Derrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Germuska [mailto:Joe@Germuska.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 6:09 PM
To: Derrick Koes; Struts User Apache (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Formatting a date with a different time zone.

At 5:55 PM -0500 2/1/05, Derrick Koes wrote:
>Can someone point me to the struts tag to use to format a date with a
>different time zone than the system default (i.e.
>Calendar.getInstance(TimeZone) vs. Calendar.getInstance())?

I would probably recommend using the JSTL formatDate tag instead of any Struts tag:

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/fmt/formatDate.html

You could probably also use bean:write with the "format" (or
"formatKey") attribute:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-bean.html#write  You would specify the "format"
as if you were using java.text.MessageFormat with your bean as the single replacement argument
to the format string.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska