struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hill <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Re: Here's a question for yous...
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:08:10 GMT
Dunno about struts 1.2, but in 1.1 there wasn't an option for it. That
said, it would probably take you only a few minutes to override the
request processor to do it.

indeed I recall having done that before myself a year or two back
ahh... here we go -

protected void processPopulate(HttpServletRequest request,
                                    HttpServletResponse response,
                                    ActionForm form,
                                    ActionMapping mapping)
         throws ServletException
   {
     if(form != null)
     {
       if(mapping instanceof GTActionMapping)
       {
         if( ((GTActionMapping)mapping).isPopulate() == false )
         {
           return;
         }
       }
       super.processPopulate(request,response,form,mapping);
     }
     else
     {
       return; //No form to populate
     }
   }

And it uses an ActionMapping subclass that supports the populate
property of course....